2017 CSA ON SALE NOW!
Why a multifarmer CSA?
Our Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program supports multiple local farmers. Your commitment at the beginning of the season provides farmers with guaranteed income and helps them plan for a bountiful season! It also supports Eat Local Sudbury and allows us to continue to support more local farmers by selling their fantastic produce.
of the share cost goes towards supporting Eat Local Cooperative’s administrative, delivery, marketing and maintenance fees.
Is the CSA right for YOU?
1) Are you interested in supporting local farmers (both conventional and ecological) and Eat Local Sudbury by pre-paying for 17 weeks of fresh, seasonal produce?
Our farmers are a mix of conventional growers and those who follow organic methods
Ecological GrowersDesbarats County Produce (Desbarats)
Three Forks Farms (Warren)
Granite Ridge Farms (Verner)
John and Susanna Bauman (Massey)Jonathan and Sheila Gerber (Warren)
2) Will you or someone you know be available to pick up your CSA share every Thursday night between 5:00-7:00pm from June 29th until October 19th?
Any missed pick ups cannot be stored and are donated at Eat Local Sudbury’s discretion the same night. We suggest if you can't make it for a pick up to send a friend or family member in your place.
3) Are you feeding 3-4 Veggie Lovers?
We found that those who felt that the CSA had “too much” produce were feeding fewer than 3- 4 people, and those who felt it had “too little” were feeding more. Please consider the eating habits of your share eaters before purchasing!
4) Does the challenge of preparing a different variety of seasonal produce every week make you excited?
Depending on the week you may see some produce you are not familiar with, some you are, and some you may not care for! The important thing is that you are interested in eating it all, or preserving it (through canning, freezing, drying etc.) when there is more bounty than you can eat in a week! Each box will vary depending on the seasonality of produce and conditions, early and late in the season the boxes will not be as full, late August/Early September will be peak season and you will receive more during this period.
5) Are you able to pay with one full payment or two ½ payments to secure your share of the CSA for the 2017 season?
Full share payment is $675 for the season, or two half payments of $337.50 - the second to be paid by June 1st 2017. Your share is non-refundable. By purchasing a multi-farmer CSA you are committing yourself to helping the local food system. Please understand that the amount of planning and work it takes to grow food cannot be easily changed once the commitment has been made and seeds planted. You are investing in Sudbury’s food production future.
What to expect in your CSA:
Each week approximately 5-12 lbs of 10-20 types of produce will be included in your box. Some examples of produce we are planning for the shares (although not all at once) are as follows:
- bush beans
- garlic scapes
- cured garlic
- green onions
- herbs - cilantro, oregano, etc.)
- lettuce & lettuce mixes
- onions – yellow, red & Spanish
- snap peas
- hot peppers
- sweet peppers
- potatoes – red, white, Yukon gold & new
- pie pumpkins
- sprouts – pea & sunflower
- squash – buttercup, butternut, delicata, mashed potato, spaghetti
- Swiss chard
- tomatoes – field & cherry
You MUST be a member of Eat Local Sudbury to purchase a CSA share. Visit us in-store to become a member.
There are TWO ways you can purchase a CSA:
1) In-store: Please visit us in-store to sign a CSA membership agreement (required) and purchase your share.
For more information contact us at 705-521-6717 or email@example.com